Thursday, April 4, 2013

Reclaiming the Closet

The other day I mentioned about FlyLady and the successes I've had since implementing her system. It continues.

This week's "zone" is the entry and dining room. About a year ago I started nesting and tried to get a handle on the entryway. The system has worked on and off, but it's still frustrating. The kids each have 2 cubbies to throw coats and shoes into but still they land in the walkway, Handsome's various work boots crawl out of the closet constantly. Until now. This is my new plan.

Today we went to the Dollar Tree and bought 6 plastic dish pans. Everyone's stuff has to fit in their little bucket or it needs to find a new home. I think it's brilliant, but will it last?

I also matched up shoes in cubbies and pulled out snow pants and boots. Hopefully we're past needing those and they can spend the summer down in the basement. In the picture of the cubbies I'm literally sitting in the closet, if that gives you perspective. I had some hooks hanging on the side wall over the shoes but the rack got ripped out of the wall... Twice. I have new hooks to hang, now that the floor is clear of junk I can perhaps do it tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment